WINSLOW, Ariz. — Winslow Police Officer Austin Shipley resigned from the Winslow Police Department Oct. 31.
The Internal Affairs investigation being conducted by the Mesa Police Department in connection with an officer involved shooting that took place on March 27, 2016 was concluded last week. The results of this investigation were reviewed by Christopher Vasquez, the interim director of the Winslow Police Department. After meeting with Officer Shipley today, Shipley made the decision to resign.
Documents pertaining to the Internal Affairs Investigation will be made publically available after complete redactions have been made, and was expected to take a few days. Public records requests are available from the Winslow City Clerk, Suzi Wetzel, at swetzel@winslowaz.
More like this story
- Winslow officer not charged in shooting incident
- Justice Department to review fatal Winslow police shooting
- Navajo Nation Council 'elated' about Justice Department review of Winslow shooting
- Tribe sues over death of Navajo woman shot by police officer in Winslow
- Police killing of Navajo mother spurs Winslow community calls for justice