FREDONIA, Ariz. - On Nov. 30 the 2014 personal use firewood cutting season ends on the North Kaibab Ranger District. All unused firewood cutting permits will not be valid afterward.
Permits are issued for dead and dead standing or downed trees, for all types of trees. Permits cost $5 per cord, with a four-cord minimum and 10-cord maximum. The permits are available for purchase from 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Monday through Friday at the North Kaibab Ranger District Office, 430 S. Main St., Fredonia, Arizona 86022.
North Kaibab Ranger District will resume the sale of wood cutting permits for the 2015 season in May of 2015, weather permitting. More information on firewood permits is available from the North Kaibab Ranger District office at (928) 643-7395 or by visiting www.fs.usda.gov/goto/kaibab/fuelwood.
More like this story
- Firewood permits available in Tuba City and Cameron
- Community information: Kaibab National Forest to offer firewood permits in Navajo and Hopi communities
- Kaibab National Forest to offer firewood permits in Tuba City and Cameron
- Kaibab Plateau Christmas tree tags available now
- Keep us informed about Rez events