On May 1 Ellen M. Van Riper became the new city attorney for Winslow. A special city council meeting took place at 5:30 p.m. to read and vote on the proposed one year contract for Van Riper. The vote to affirm her hiring was unanimous. Van Riper attended the special council session and was greeted by city council members, staff and Winslow residents. The new city attorney will maintain her current practice in the Phoenix area but will represent Winslow as a full-time councilor. She will be available via email, text, Skype and in person to serve the city in all necessary capacities.
More like this story
- Winslow City Council hires firm for city attorney
- ADOT and NACOG agree to help fund La Posada train depot
- Winsow City Council considers Diné cultural and commerce center
- Winslow Administrator and Attorney withdraw their efforts
- City Attorney proposed to be Deputy Administrator too and negotiate salary with Council