U.S. Attorney Michael W. Cotter announced that during a federal court session in Great Falls, on Jan. 12, 2012, Robin Roy Martell, a 35-year-old resident of Frazer, was sentenced to 20 years in prison. Martell was sentenced after a federal district court trial in which he was found guilty of assault with the intent to commit murder, assault resulting in serious bodily injury and assault with a dangerous weapon. Starting on Aug. 4, 2010, and on the morning Aug. 5, 2010, Martell brutally assaulted the victim, including assaulting her with a three-foot metal bar, knocking her teeth out and biting off a portion of her ear off.
More like this story
- Violent Crime: Lame Deer Man Sentenced to 20 Months in prison for Domestic Assault
- Violent Crime: Lodge Grass Man Pleads Guilty to Threatening a BIA Officer
- Violent Crime:Box Elder Man Sentenced for Assault with a Dangerous Weapon
- Navajo man sentenced to life for kidnapping, assault of 11-year-old Ashlynne Mike
- Violent Crime Prosecution: Peach Springs Man Indicted on Assault and Firearm Charges.