The Pueblo Grande Museum is looking for a few good volunteers. The museum uses volunteers in a number of positions including tour guides or docents, gift shop attendants, collections, library or exhibit aides. Depending on what you are interested in you can work with artifacts, rare books and archival materials, or see the children's faces light up during a tour at the information you provide.
You may also work at special events such as our Farmers Market or Indian Market or you can lend your construction expertise to our exhibits department. There are many opportunities in one location.
In order to help interested volunteers get started, the museum is offering a docent training course every Monday and Thursday from Jan. 14 to Feb. 11 from 9 a.m. to 12 p.m. This class is designed to start all interested volunteers. This is a great opportunity to get involved in your community, do something fun and different and meet new people while making a difference.
If you are interested in becoming a volunteer at Pueblo Grande Museum please call (602) 495-0901 or visit our Web site at www.pueblogrande.com to sign up for our Docent Training Class. Spaces are limited and pre-registration is required.
More like this story
- Museum of Northern AZ recruiting for docents
- Museum of Northern Arizona recruiting for 2008 Docent Training Program
- Exhibit in Scottsdale showcases 2 decades of innovation in fashion, jewelry and fine art
- Grand opening of Journey Stories exhibition Saturday in Winslow
- Old Trails Museum to host Smithsonian's Journey Stories exhibition at La Posada Hotel