Over a year ago, Bob Hall, Chamber of Commerce director, thought the community of Winslow should utilize their First Street Pathway; especially since it had just been completed at that time. He then pulled together an effort to decorate the First Street Park with Christmas lights for the season to initiate another growing holiday tradition in Winslow.
This Sat., Dec. 2, will be the second annual First Street Pathway Winter Wonderland. Local businesses and residents have been and are invited to come down all day Saturday on the Dec. 2, to help set-up and decorate for the event. Once the sun sets, the lights come on and its is expected to be a spectacular sight. There will be hot drinks, food and good company for those who come check it out. Also, the Winslow High School choir will be caroling at the gazebo.
As the event grows, hall expects more interesting variations of decorating styles, as many different people become involved. This year, something called the New Renegade Metal Art will be displaying something.
Hall said to bring everything you need to create, and the City of Winslow will provide venue and electricity. It should make a nice evening for the family.
More like this story
- More than 80 entries participated in the 59th Annual Winslow Christmas Parade
- Winslow kicks off holiday season Saturday with annual parade
- Winslow Christmas parade set for Nov. 17
- The holidays are here: 67th annual Winslow Christmas Parade set for Saturday
- Tis the season: 68th annual Winslow Christmas Parade set for Saturday at 1 p.m.