FLAGSTAFF — On May 7, Northern Arizona University’s Navajo 202 Language class will present the play “Janabaa’ Baa Hane’: Navajo Cinderella. Dubbed “a unique student production of the importance and beauty of the Diné language,” the play was written by the 17 students of the class.
Cast members Philandrian Tree (Janabaa’), Madeline Sloan (the evil stepmother) and Marvin Jim (the Navajo prince) visited the offices of the Navajo Hopi Observer on April 27.
More like this story
- Haigo Hane'e symposium to feature Hopi, Navajo language and cultural best practices
- Winter Solstice Cultural Symposium held at Tuba City School District
- Slice of Life: Nathan Brady
- Tuba City Junior High puts on first Navajo and Hopi Lavayi traditional play
- Language and culture in the classroom focus of Tuba City School District symposium