The second annual Planting Day celebration for the Community Healing Garden located on the east side of the Tuba City Regional Healthcare Corporation is planned for Thursday June 2.
The public is invited to partake in the "Season of Planting" activities that get underway at 10 a.m. that day including a healthy walk, planting seeds, gardening techniques demonstration and a healthy lunch.
The combined efforts of the Tuba City Family Wellness Center, the TCRHCC Health Promotion Program, the Northern Arizona University Diabetes Prevention Education Program and the Navajo Nation New Dawn Project made this garden project possible. Over the course of the year, the Family Wellness Center has used this garden as a teaching tool in its after school program with Max Watson Jr. as teacher. In addition, the Healing Garden was also used to increase physical activity and to provide knowledge on native plants and gardening methods with natural resources.
For more information on the Community Healing Garden activities, please call the Family Wellness Center at 928-283-2932/5853.
More like this story
- Tuba City’s Healing Garden promotes return to traditional Dine' lifeways
- James and Ernie promote healthy living in Tuba City
- Tuba City/Mungapi Family Wellness Center News
- LETTER-Support sought for reopening of Tuba City Family Wellness Center
- Vince Shirley Jr. achieves national certification in healthcare compliance