TUBA CITY — They laugh and giggle, and sometimes, they are downright silly. They are athletic and the love-of-sports run deep in their veins. They dress like everyone else and don’t look much different than any other high school student on the Navajo Nation.
But these five girls who were on the basketball team at Greyhills Academy High School have already passed the State’s Arizona Instrument to Measure Standards (AIMS) test and qualified to graduate with a high school diploma. These girls are Sheridan Haskie, Monica Huber, Janice Sanders, Melissa Smith and her twin sister, Vanessa Smith.
More like this story
- Greyhills Academy recognizes its students’ success at AIMS <br>
- Math whiz honing skills at Tuba City High School and junior high
- WUSD Happy With <br>Standford9 Testing Results
- Students who cannot pass AIMS tests may qualify for alternate graduation requirements
- Hopi Jr/Sr High School Board welcomes three members<br>