FLAGSTAFF — According to both Page City Council Member John Brown and Coconino County Supervisor Louise Yellowman, funding to provide Page Rescue’s emergency assistance on the Navajo Nation is a Native American issue.
Brown claims that the City of Page, surrounded on three sides by the Navajo Nation, has been put in a situation where the city is meeting the needs of Navajo people—who also happen to be residents of Coconino County. The county, Brown insists, must step up to the plate and provide funding to help meet the needs of these residents.
More like this story
- Antelope Point Marina continues to grow scholarships for Native students
- County Supe, Lena Fowler to be honored with service award
- County residents already pay for Page Emergency Medical Services<br>
- Tuba City Jail beyond repair<br>
- Navajo Nation offers support and assistance for Museum Fire efforts