The celebration began with Winslow Police Chief Stephen Garnett leading the Pledge of Allegiance. Several police officers, firefighters and emergency response team members attended the celebration, along with approximately 250 residents of Winslow.
La Familia spent Saturday morning placing Red, White and Blue ribbons and banners around Winslow to help the community show their support in this time of trial.
Several business and Parks around town were decorated.
The Winslow Mail would like to thanks the group
for all their efforts.
More like this story
- Pedestrian loses his life in hit-and-run on Interstate-40
- West's Best Rodeo dedicated to Mayor Jim Boles; Mayor appointed to Governor's Justice Commission
- Winslow art auction a success
- Police killing of Navajo mother spurs Winslow community calls for justice
- Living in the mud and the blood and the beer